[midPoint] Email Notification

Jason Everling jeverling at bshp.edu
Mon Oct 27 16:55:06 CET 2014

Thanks, So we would then use a generic notification email for all
students/faculty/staff. This is do-able for now and is not important at
this time. This would be a great feature though, I would more than likely
use the department attribute so for example if the user part of department
A then they would receive this type of email and if they are part of
department B then they would get this email.

Basically at the beginning of each semester we build out the accounts,
currently using a CSV dump from the student system, modifying the
spreadhseet, then using powershell to create them. After all this happens
we use a mail merge in Outlook to send out a "Welcome" email stating their
accounts are provisioned and here is your usernames and temporary passwords
with other important information.

JASON

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/27/2014 04:09 PM, Jason Everling wrote:
> > This is working great, Just what I was looking to do, I even added the
> > body expression and code which is emailing all the information that is
> > needed.
> >
> > One other question about notifications, Can I use conditions like I
> > did for the user templates and mappings, If a attribute is this then
> > use this notification and if the attribute is that use this other
> > notification?
> >

> You can use conditions in the expressions (Groovy, Javascript) to do
> whatever you want. I'm not aware of using conditions in notification
> handlers other than that or using the filters such as "operation",
> "status" etc. documented on
> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Notifications - but they
> should do most of the tricks.
>
> The feature you are describing is something we'd like to add as "email
> templates". We're discussing that feature and planning it, yet without a
> specified release date. Is this feature important for your deployment?
> Can you please give us an use case? On which attributes you would base
> the conditions?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan
>
> --
>   Ing. Ivan Noris
>   Senior Identity Management Engineer
>   evolveum.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential;
intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information
that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any
attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to
any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author and do not represent those of the Baptist School of Health
Professions. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the
named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender
and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the
sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer.