[midPoint] Email Notification

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Oct 27 16:39:56 CET 2014

Hi,

On 10/27/2014 04:09 PM, Jason Everling wrote:
> This is working great, Just what I was looking to do, I even added the
> body expression and code which is emailing all the information that is
> needed.
>
> One other question about notifications, Can I use conditions like I
> did for the user templates and mappings, If a attribute is this then
> use this notification and if the attribute is that use this other
> notification?

You can use conditions in the expressions (Groovy, Javascript) to do
whatever you want. I'm not aware of using conditions in notification
handlers other than that or using the filters such as "operation",
"status" etc. documented on
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Notifications - but they
should do most of the tricks.

The feature you are describing is something we'd like to add as "email
templates". We're discussing that feature and planning it, yet without a
specified release date. Is this feature important for your deployment?
Can you please give us an use case? On which attributes you would base
the conditions?

Thank you.

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer