[midPoint] Editing Role Resource Inducement

Pavol Mederly pavol.mederly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:08:30 CET 2014

Hello Dharmendra,

actually, it is possible to recompute users having a given role
(directly assigned!) via SOAP API.

You have to execute the following bulk action (a.k.a. midPoint script).

<s:search xmlns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
xmlns:s="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/scripting-3"
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
xmlns:q="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3">
     <s:type>c:UserType</s:type>
     <s:searchFilter>
         <q:ref>
             <q:path>assignment/targetRef</q:path>
             <q:value>
<oid>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000004</oid>
                 <type>RoleType</type>
             </q:value>
         </q:ref>
     </s:searchFilter>
     <s:action>
         <s:type>recompute</s:type>
     </s:action>
</s:search>

(of course, replace oid with your role's OID)

You can use the runScript sample
(samples\model-client-sample\src\main\java\com\evolveum\midpoint\testing\model\client\sample\RunScript.java)
to see how bulk actions can be executed via SOAP API.

Note: it is quite experimental yet; however, it works.

More to read:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/runscript+command+line+tool
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Bulk+actions

Regards,