[midPoint] Namespace change, version 3

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri May 2 11:11:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

The next midPoint release will be version 3.0. We are planning to use
this opportunity of major version release to clean up some deprecated
functionality that were polluting midPoint schemas for years. We also
needed to do some minor (but important) changes to schemas related to
the JSON and YAML support and also brought the web service interface to
reflect the capabilities of Java interfaces. All of this resulted in a
fact that midPoint schemas for version 3.0 are not 100% compatible with
version 2.x schemas.

One of the purposes of namespacing mechanism is to indicate data
compatibility. Therefore according with this principle we are currently
changing all the schema namespaces to version 3. The change for the
users is to replace all namespace versiosions in XML document (e.g.
replace all "http://..../types-2" with "http://..../types-3" and so on).
But also other minor changes may be required especially in cases that
you were using a deprecated functionality. Please refer to the
documentation in such cases. No midPoint functionality is removed, only
the way of expressing it may have changed. Please also note that there
is a embedded documentation in schema XSD files and that the
documentation of deprecated elements often points to a current element
to express the configuration.