[midPoint] ModelClient Question

Viliam Repan vilo.repan at evolveum.com
Mon Apr 7 12:46:07 CEST 2014

Hi Alexander,

1. IMHO I think midpoint repository would return exception or maybe
objects that doesn't match your query criteria (in case of bug) but it
would not return empty objects. Can you please send some logs from
midpoint (e.g. com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql to TRACE if possible
during this test) as well as query that you sent to midpoint WS, maybe
we can replicate this in tests.

2. When using ModelPortType.searchObjects(), for searching users in
given OrgType I would set arguments to:
     objectType:
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-2a#UserType
     query:
     <q:query xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-2a"
xmlns:q="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-2">
     <q:org>
         <q:orgRef oid="00000000-8888-6666-0000-200000000002" /> <!--
your OrgType oid -->
         <q:maxDepth>1</q:maxDepth>
     </q:org>
     </q:query>
     This XML sample uses OrgFilter in ObjectQuery.

     and holders for results.

Best regards,

Vilo

On 04/04/2014 04:43 PM, Alexander Grzesik wrote:
> I have some more questions on the use of the ModelClient:
> 1.   When I have some object that are linked to organization Units and I use getParentOrg, I get a list of OrgType but all properties of these OrgTypes are empty. Are there some options that can be set on loading the objects to fill this data ?
> 2.   I was not yet able to figure out how I can search for Objects based on a parent Org. So getting all users for a given parentOrg or getting all child Orgs for a parent, given having the oid.
> Thank You
> Alexander

Ing. Viliam Repán(
Evolveum, s.r.o.