[midPoint] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Namespace problem

Belleville-Rioux, Vincent rioux.vincent at uqam.ca
Mon Sep 30 16:10:45 CEST 2013

I see, thanks for pointing that out!

Just for the record, what I am trying to setup is something, should we go ahead with midPoint, that's required for us:

We have about 10k new students each semester and also have about the same number of students that get "offboarded" from some services due to various reasons.

What we're trying to evaluate is how we could automate such state changes so we can do something like :

- 1 month before the start of the semester, all students registered to at least one class will get their account created / activated.  A notification message will be sent.

- 12 months after the end of the last semester where the student had at least one class, the account will be deactivated and a notification message will be sent.

The startDate and endDate are properties we can read from an SQL table (but I'm simulating that with a CSV file for now).  I guess we'll have to reconcile at least once a day because that table will have updates to those dates as students use our online tools to register / unregister themselves to classes.

We should also have the ability to override those values with other dates like "bannedOn" or "temporaryExtension" :

The bannedOn date would make any student which has that date as a non-null value be kept inactive for 7 years from that date.

The temporaryExtension date would make any student account active for 12 months from that date, regardless of the endDate imported from SQL.

So, as you can see, dates are really useful for our use cases.  I understand that this was added rather quickly to 2.2.  Would you suggest we upgrade our test environment to the latest snapshots and try and follow the development from there on?

Thanks,

Vincent