[midPoint] RE : Oh, another question

Belleville-Rioux, Vincent rioux.vincent at uqam.ca
Fri Sep 27 15:44:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

Ok, I understand the reasoning there.

It might be better to add that suggestion to the wiki because as I didn't expect to test midPoint that much when I first stumbled upon it, I didn't care about creating my own copies of the configuration files.

While my own laziness is at fault here, I guess I would have done otherwise if I read in the quick start guide that I would have a harder time if I didn't do this.

So with my recent editing powers on the wiki, I went ahead and added a notice before the "Basic User Management" section of both First Steps pages.

It is really not a priority at all but maybe, just maybe, it would be nice to see inbuilt configuration files versioning.  You could keep the as-sent XML file when it passes validation and just show the parsed-and-renamespaced version as a view-only textarea below.  That way, editing and doing small changes on test systems would be much easier and also more live-like.

I just tried to do a demo of what I have working in midPoint to one of my colleague and the XML configuration files with namespaces everywhere scared him off! :)

Vincent