[midPoint] Oh, another question

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Sep 27 11:22:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

This is similar to the previous problem. We are struggling with this
issues for years. And we haven't figured any practical solution except
to get away from XML and XML libraries. The best way is to maintain the
XML source code in a separate file, change it there and reimport it to
midpoint after every change. This is what we do. It is also better for
version control of your configuration files.

The situation may get a bit better when we add JSON support. But the
approach with managing the files externally (and version-control them)
may still be the best.

If you have any ideas how to improve midPoint "development cycle" I will
be very grateful if you can share them. I mean the "cycle" of creating a
configuration, modifying and testing it, migrating to production
environment etc. Currently midPoint is somehow tuned to the methodology
that we use. but I understand very well that other people are using
different methodologies. Making midPoint easy-to-use is one of our
priorities. Therefore if you see where midPoint can be improved to
better support your style of work please say so. We will gladly improve
midPoint as much as we can.