[midPoint] Problem adding an ICF connector - Error creating connector instace: The classes (JAR) of connector: ... (OID:...) were not found by the ICF framework (Radovan Semancik)

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Nov 21 16:31:34 CET 2013

Hi,

Our DummyConnector is not really practical. It is not designed to be
deployed. It is specifically designed only to be used in unit tests. It
won't work in midpoint deployment.

Try to use some real connector. E.g. we often use Solaris connector
(which also works for Linux systems):
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Solaris+Connector
I'm sure this one works well in midPoint. If it also fails for you then
there would be some problem with your midpoint installation, maybe some
library version incompatibility or something like that. The versions of
java and tomcat that you are using seems to be OK. We are using
something similar. So this is really confusing.

Please, download the Solaris connector, put the jar in icf-connectors
folder and restart midPoint. If all goes well you should see new
connector object in midPoint repository (Configuration -> Repository
Objects -> ConnectorType). MidPoint discovers all the local connectors
at startup and creates appropriate objects for them. Please try this and
let me know how it went.