[midPoint] New to midpoint, trying to figure out how things work

Salim Boulkour salim.boulkour at arismore.fr
Wed Jul 17 15:14:46 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm currently reviewing midpoint in a lab env for a possible future
large deployment.

Midpoint is pretty new for me and I've been in contact with Radoslav
Albrecht so far. He helped me understand some of choices and concepts
made for midpoint but I now try to play with the soft.

This is where I'm sending this email, as I'm facing few issues.

My test platform is midpoint 2.1, Ubuntu 12.04 64bits, Tomact6, java
1.7.0_21

*         On the identity side, how do I create organizational units /
organization structure ?

I guess this is going to be done by importing some XML, but I couldn't
find related entry in the docs, or sample XML file that would help me
doing so.

Also, as an object of the data model, what can we do with an
Organizational Unit despite create/modify/delete, and adding/removing
users from it ? Can I use it to scope admin functions in midpoint ?

Would I be able

*         XML import failures

I used XML samples from https://svn.evolveum.com/midpoint/trunk/samples/
to create an LDAP resource (OpenLDAP as a target ...) but I made a
mistake somewhere in the file (maybe several ! hehe)

Looking at the "idm.log" output, I get no ERROR message in regard to the
import event (nor INFO message ...). Is there another place to look to
understand what is the problem with my XML file ?

Still on the XML subject, are there other sample files (than the ones
from the SVN) that would help me in creating resources and roles ?

Regards,

Salim BOULKOUR
Consultant IAM

  <http://www.arismore.fr/>

ARISMORE
137 Bureaux de la Colline - 92213 Saint-Cloud Cedex - France
Ligne directe : +33 (0)1 78 16 48 26 - Portable : +33 (0)6 01 34 41 71

Standard : 01 55 57 21 60 - Fax : 01 55 57 04 45