[midPoint] REST interface

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Jul 31 09:48:40 CEST 2012

Hello James,

The REST interface is planned but not yet implemented. There is a
limited value for a REST interface in a system that has a formal
interface description and a full schema support. The SOAP/WSDL interface
may be a better choice in this case and such interface is currently
available:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/IDM+Model+Web+Interface

Just one word of warning here: All midPoint interfaces are not yet in
their final version. It is almost impossible to create good interface
"from scratch" and it needs some time to prove if it is good or not.
Interface stabilization is a goal of the current development phase which
will result in midPoint release 2.1 later this year. Therefore the
interface definition may still slightly change (although significant
changes are not expected). What will definitely change is the namespace URI.

Regarding REST: altough is it not the best fit in midPoint we plan to
deliver it. The system is designed to support it. But it will be
definitely after 2.1, maybe in 2.2.