[Midpoint-dev] Inducement updates are not propagated to User after reconciliation

Anand Kothekar anand.kothekar at confluxsys.com
Tue Jan 20 11:15:38 CET 2015

Hi,

I have been playing around with role inducements and found some issue, need
some quick help as inducements are quite important for our solution.

*Issue:* Inducement updates are not propagated properly to User after
reconciliation.

*Details:* When user is a assigned a role having a resource inducement,
User gets appropriate accounts and induced group memberships. Now Changing
some attributes in role inducements are not propagated after reconciling
User.

*Steps Followed:*
- I added and ldap resource inducement in a new Role*. *I provided some
attributes like LdapGroups, Host, and description.
- User is  assigned to this Role. User gets the ldap account, appropriate
group memberships and other attributes specified in inducement (i.e.
description ,host(multivalued attribute from an Auxiliary object class)).
So all good till now.
- Now I updated the Resource inducement for example changed the
description, added few groups, added few host.
- After inducement modification I reconciled the User, and following are
the results:

- Group membership is updated appropriately.

- Description is not updated

- host attribute is not updated

Can you guys please check and let me know if I am doing something wrong or
is it a problem somewhere in my resource or some other issue with midpoint
system.

Regards
Anand Kothekar