[midPoint] Intermittent error executing powershell script: The WS-Management service cannot process the request because the request contained invalid selectors for the resource.

Alcides Carlos de Moraes Neto alcides.neto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:57:21 CET 2019

Hello list,

We have midPoint 3.8 running, with AD resource working fine most of the
time, with some Powershell scripts. Connector version is the one bundled
with midpoint, 1.6
The scripts execute fine most of the time, however sometimes they fail with
the following message:

org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault(The WS-Management service cannot
process the request because the request contained invalid selectors for the
resource. ):

There is nothing else in the stack, just that repeated over and over.

Usually, if you recompute the user one or two more times, the script will
eventually execute successfully. We do have a few users that fail
everytime, though. We have been debugging them but we can't seem to find
the point of failure
Any suggestions on what this may be?

Here are snips of our resource and scripts configuration (private info
removed):

<gen604:host>...
<gen604:port>636</gen604:port>
<gen604:connectionSecurity>ssl</gen604:connectionSecurity>
<gen604:bindDn>...
<gen604:bindPassword>...
<gen604:baseContext>DC=....
<gen604:referralStrategy>follow</gen604:referralStrategy>
<gen604:pagingStrategy>spr</gen604:pagingStrategy>
<gen604:operationalAttributes>....
<gen604:winRmHost>...
 <gen604:winRmUsername>...
<gen604:winRmDomain>...
<gen604:winRmPassword>...
<gen604:winRmPort>5986</gen604:winRmPort>
<gen604:winRmUseHttps>true</gen604:winRmUseHttps>

<script>
         <host>resource</host>
         <language>cmd</language>
         <argument>....</argument>
         <code>powershell -file
"c:\midpoint-scripts\enable-mailbox.ps1"</code>
</scripts>