[midPoint] Upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7 (standalone) leaves ownerref empty on tasks, can't start midPoint

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Mon Jan 22 14:23:03 CET 2018

Hi Pavol,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

> As for the iOpExecOwnerOid being already present, I do apologize.
> When finalizing SQL update scripts I have checked against "3.6-all"
> scripts, and the index is not there. It somehow got into upgrade
> scripts without modifying the "full" ones.

No problem, I'm glad it's a real issue and not something we
messed up here :)

In the meantime I have:

  1. Gone back to 3.6 through Tomcat so I can get to the admin
     interface.
  2. Sifted manually through the initial object XML files and found the
     owner references there.
  3. Added the owner references to the task objects under "Repository
     objects" like you also suggested.

This makes the "Tasks" view work again. Previously, task details for
the two ownerless tasks couldn't be displayed and errors were shown. So
even if this was harmless, I guess it's good to have fixed it. I wonder
how this was even possible, but I'll leave that for later.

Now I will try the 3.7 upgrade again. If it doesn't start I will supply
the end of a fresh logfile.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

--