[midPoint] Clustering and ldap resources

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Nov 8 13:24:26 CET 2016

Hi,

The apache HTTP server is recommended because it has better flexibility
over controlling HTTP than Tomcat. Also, if you want to run on port 80
it is not really straightforward with Tomcat if you do not want to run
midPoint as root (which is certainly NOT recommended). The purpose of
Apache HTTPd is NOT to work as a load balancer - and a load balancer
will be needed to provide midPoint GUI and web services HA. I believe
all the other information about clustering is in the wiki.