[midPoint] Clustering and ldap resources

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Nov 8 13:21:06 CET 2016

Hi,

If you have midpoint in cluster then only one instance will push one
change to the resource at same time. The cluster will behave as a single
system when you look at it from the outside.

I'm not sure what is your goal. I guess you are looking for "full-mesh"
HA: replicated/clustered midPoint working with replicated LDAP where one
node from each system can go down and the system will still work. In
that case the midPoint part will work fine. Currently the issue is the
midPoint->LDAP link. We do not have failover/replication support in the
LDAP connector yet. The connector will always connect only to a single
LDAP node. The "topology" support in the connector is planned. And it
was even partially implemented what I was implementing the multi-domain
support for AD. But it is not finished. And currently there is no
specific plan for this (it is not in current roadmap).

So realistically you have two options:
1) use load balancer in front of LDAP servers.
2) sponsor connector improvement so it can get on the midPoint roadmap.