[midPoint] Provisioning questions

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Mar 20 20:14:37 CET 2014

Hi Lucie,

can you please check your setting in System config - Assignment Policy
Enforcement?
I've just test your issue:

1) when *Relative* (default) assignment policy is used: the behaviour is
as you have specified. Unassigning the role (or account) will disable it
because of your configuration. Disabling/enabling User in midPoint will
disable/enable the account (even if it is unassigned)

2) when *Full* assignment policy is used: unassigning the role (or
account) will disable it because of your configuration. Disabling User
in midPoint will disable the User+account (although it is disabled, so
no change will be provisioned). BUT, when you try to Enable User, the
User will be enabled, but the account will be DISABLED.

As I understand the behaviour is caused by

                                    import
com.evolveum.midpoint.xml.ns._public.common.common_2a.ActivationStatusType;
                                    if (legal) {
                                        input;
                                    } else {
ActivationStatusType.DISABLED;

the "legal" variable will be false after the account/role is unassigned
and the assignment enforcement policy is FULL.

Please refer to
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Projection+Policy page for
the enforcement policy modes. In the short, unassigned accounts are
prohibited in FULL enforcement policy, they would be deleted, but in
your configuration you've replaced delete with disable.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
IVan

  Ing. Ivan Noris