[midPoint] Some feedback that might be of use

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri May 31 10:45:15 CEST 2013

Hi Tys

On 05/31/2013 10:19 AM, Tys Remi wrote:
> You have a lot of detailed information on your wiki which was great in
> contradiction to Syncope for example where I had to figure out a lot
> of things myself.
> On the other hand, Midpoint was kind of daunting to start working with
> it, I couldn't really see the forest for the trees.
> It would be great to see a general scenario on the wiki through which
> you set up a small (but perhaps feature rich) project where you guide
> the user through the configuration, explaining what is what and
> referencing to the detailed wiki pages for more information.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You are confirming what I've been
suspecting for some time. We are slowly working on the improvement but
currently we are focused quite a lot on bringing the features requested
by midPoint users and our capacity is still quite limited. However I
will be very thankfull if you can provide some samples or even be
willing to participate in improving the documentation if you decide to
go with midPoint. I can grant you write access to wiki and provide any
assistance you need.

> Having a standalone distribution ready to install for initial testing
> purposes would be nice. That way if someone would want to try it out
> they would only have to run a startup script instead of installing
> Tomcat and deploying it there.

Do you have any ideas how that should look like? What would you prefer?
Completely pre-configured virtual machine image with operating system
and all? Or something else?

> And one minor thing, you might want to update the (Copyright) Evolveum
> 2011 on the evolveum.com homepage.

Good catch. I've fixed that right away. These things always gets
forgotten ;-)

> I hope any of this is of use to you guys.

It absolutely is. Thanks a lot.