[midPoint] Some feedback that might be of use

Tys Remi remi.tys at is4u.be
Fri May 31 10:19:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

Over the past 7 weeks I have setup some IdM solutions as part of a Proof of Concept.
I have set up both Apache Syncope and Forgerock's OpenIDM to import users from a CSV flatfile and propagate those to both a MySQL database and an OpenDJ LDAP server (and a SOAP web service in Syncope) while playing around with workflows, roles and reporting & auditing.
This week I started on doing the same for Midpoint (Only had a week left so unfortunately couldn't fully try it out) and I have some feedback for you to utilize (or not).

You have a lot of detailed information on your wiki which was great in contradiction to Syncope for example where I had to figure out a lot of things myself.
On the other hand, Midpoint was kind of daunting to start working with it, I couldn't really see the forest for the trees.
It would be great to see a general scenario on the wiki through which you set up a small (but perhaps feature rich) project where you guide the user through the configuration, explaining what is what and referencing to the detailed wiki pages for more information.

Having a standalone distribution ready to install for initial testing purposes would be nice. That way if someone would want to try it out they would only have to run a startup script instead of installing Tomcat and deploying it there.

And one minor thing, you might want to update the (Copyright) Evolveum 2011 on the evolveum.com homepage.

I hope any of this is of use to you guys.

Kind regards,
Remi