[midPoint] Custom schema extension help

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon May 27 20:26:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Hi Ivan,
>
> I just installed a new vm with fresh installation of everything and the problem continued being there.
> Then after spending some time getting nowhere I downloaded https://svn.evolveum.com/midpoint/trunk/samples/schema/extension-piracy.xsd, put it in the folder and it magically worked.
> After comparing the the content with what was on the wiki I found that the sample on page https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Custom+Schema+Extension has an old/faulty "c" namespace. It should be common-2a instead of common-2.
> This should be changed.

Good catch! The page seems to reference older (outdated) Common schema.
I will ask my coleague (technical writer and wiki maintainer) to search
and fix those (https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1359). Thank you for
noting this!

Just one more hint: when you are using non-trunk release (e.g. 2.1.1),
please use samples from that release, e.g.
https://svn.evolveum.com/midpoint/tags/midpoint-2.1.1/samples/ in your
case. There were many changes in schemas (mainly Common schema) and the
samples from trunk would not work in previous releases.

I'm glad you've sorted this out. If there is any other issue, do not
hesitate to contact us. Any of us will try to help when available.

   Ing. Ivan Noris
   Consultant
   Evolveum, s.r.o