[midPoint] Custom schema extension help

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon May 27 16:07:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Excuse me for that, I did not notice the idm.log in my Tomcat folder.
> However the issue I had was
> https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1273 and after removal of the
> .xsd~ file my deployment went well.

OK, one bug less.

> But now I still do not see the changes to the user schema when I am
> creating a new user.
> Am I missing something obvious?
> All I did was follow the wiki and put the extension.xsd with the code
> from the tutorial in the /schema directory and chowned it to
> tomcat:tomcat, I don't see anything obviously wrong in the idm.log now.

Please try these two things:

1. create user in GUI should display all internal and your custom
attributes in "*Externsion*" section on the left side.

2. when starting midPoint, please check idm.log, it should contain the
following message:
2013-05-27 08:36:09,907 [localhost-startStop-1][] INFO
(c.e.m.init.ConfigurablePrismContextFactory): Loading extension schemas
from folder '/opt/midpoint-configuration//schema'.

(the directory varies, this is mine)

No errors should follow (if there is syntax error in XSD schema, you
will see an error message).

Is you midpoint.home JVM argument set correctly? (This is the most
common issue.)

Good luck and let me know.

   Ing. Ivan Noris
   Consultant