[midPoint] midPoint Support

Adam Davenport adavenp4 at uwo.ca
Tue Mar 26 18:27:07 CET 2013

As mentioned, I followed the instructions under "Installing midPoint
from Binary Release - 2.1.1
</display/midPoint/Installing+midPoint+from+Binary+Release+-+2.1.1>".
After starting the Tomcat application server I am unable to access the
admin interface and get the following errors in the logs.  I have done
no additional customization other than what is mentioned in the kiwi
page so I am unsure the files o investigate further.  I can attach the
full logs if necessary, please let me know.  Thank you.

*idm.log*
2013-03-26 11:32:45,311
[com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1][]
WARN  (com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool):
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask at 19d0a2a2 --
Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition
attempt exception:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an
error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '??' at line 1
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor72.newInstance(Unknown
Source) ~[na:na]
     at
~[na:1.7.0]
     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
~[na:1.7.0]
     at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.21.jar:na]

*localhost.log*
Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'jndiDataSource' defined in URL
[jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%207.0/webapps/midpoint/WEB-INF/lib/repo-sql-impl-2.1.1.jar!/ctx-repository-session.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property 'jndiName' is required
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:135)

*Infrastruture*
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
App Serv: Tomcat 7.0
Database: MySQL 5.6
Java: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b147)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0-b17, mixed mode)