[Midpoint-dev] Adding a "deferred task" to a user during live sync

Chris Woods chris at cmwoods.com
Sun May 28 10:45:25 CEST 2017

Hi,

we have a custom SAP HCM connector from our Oracle Waveset installation which
would like to test with midpoint. The connector uses a JMS queue to pick up
IDocs that are sent and transformed to XML by our SAP middleware. These XML
fragments also contain the date from which the change is valid.

I haven't yet found a way to conditionally tell midpoint to ignore the changes
(ok, I could maybe write a condition for each attribute) if the change is in
the future. In waveset I would set IAPI.cancel and attach a deferred task to
the user which would cause the user to be recomputed on that day. This was to
take care of employees rejoining / moving department etc.

Is there a similar mechanism in midpoint that I've just overlooked? Can I
attach a task to the user during the sync?

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers, Chris.