[Midpoint-dev] Java version hard-coded

Kramer, David david.kramer at mheducation.com
Mon Apr 7 16:01:35 CEST 2014

Thanks.  I’m new to the Mac and wasn’t sure where the JVM is set, but I have that straightened out and things are much happier now.

Thanks again.

From: Viliam Repan <vilo.repan at evolveum.com<mailto:vilo.repan at evolveum.com>>
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM
To: McGraw Hill Companies <david.kramer at mheducation.com<mailto:david.kramer at mheducation.com>>
Cc: "midpoint-dev at lists.evolveum.com<mailto:midpoint-dev at lists.evolveum.com>" <midpoint-dev at lists.evolveum.com<mailto:midpoint-dev at lists.evolveum.com>>
Subject: Re: [Midpoint-dev] Java version hard-coded

Hi David,

I'm pretty sure your maven installation is using Java 1.6 :)
Can you please send us a result of "mvn -version" command?
It should be something like this:

Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 09:44:56+0100)
Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.4
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.5.0-48-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Configuration for source and target to "1.7:" version is necessary, because it tells version of source code (java files) to javac and target bytecode (classes) version.

Best regards

Vilo