[midPoint] DatabaseTable Resource Connector, too many opened connections

František Dvořák valtri at civ.zcu.cz
Tue Mar 26 17:29:22 CET 2024

On Tue, 2024-03-26 at 15:45 +0100, AXP wrote:

>  Now the number of opened connections in idle are constantly near to
> 30,
>  but in the logs I found the following warning, thrown when a
> scheduled task try to reuse an old connection in idle (closed by
> postgres):
>
>  [midPointScheduler_Worker-6] WARN (com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase):
> HikariPool-1 - Failed to validate connection
> org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection at 586485d6 (This connection has been
> closed.). Possibly consider using a shorter maxLifetime value.

This looks like repository for midPoint. Configuration is in config.xml
in midPoint home directory and parameters are described here:

https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/support-4.8/repository/configuration/

>  About the best solution proposed "one resource for all tables":
>  I could try to configure a resource like this but, where I specify
> all the tables? I found only one possible table.
>  I thought a possible solution to merge all tables in a database view
> but: how keep trace that a single account is coming from a specific
> system? (now implicitly maintained by resource name)

I don't know the newest version of the database table connector, but
this will probably need different connector (scripted SQL, or even
something custom).

Something like [1] or [2].

  František

[1] https://docs.evolveum.com/connectors/connectors/com.evolveum.polygon.connector.scripted.sql.ScriptedSQLConnector/