[midPoint] Password Reset via midPoint API

Drew Roberts aroberts at apu.edu
Wed Feb 28 00:52:36 CET 2024

Does anyone use the password reset via API function?

I'm on version 4.8 and whenever I reset via the API, the reset is
successful, but only for the focus user. It doesn't do any smart processing
(like updating projections) and I have to run a reconciliation to push the
password change out to the resources attached to the focus user. This seems
essentially unusable so I'm wondering if maybe I missed something.
I'm using the same syntax as what's recommended in the 4.8.x documentation (
https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/support-4.8/interfaces/rest/endpoints/users/
).

Thanks!

--
Drew Roberts  |  Systems Administrator II
IT Platform Engineering, Azusa Pacific University

[image: APU logo]