[midPoint] midpoint->keycloak 23

Markus Calmius markus.calmius at proton.ch
Fri Feb 9 11:26:21 CET 2024

Hi,

we're using the keycloak connector from https://github.com/openstandia/connector-keycloak
During a re-installation of keycloak we installed version 23, but that seems to have been a mistake. This connector no longer works. The updated connector from ExclamationLabs no longer works (https://github.com/ExclamationLabs/connector-keycloak).

Unfortunately my java skills went out of fashion 10+ years ago so I cannot fix this myself. If anyone has got this to work, please let me know.
Otherwise, consider this a warning not to upgrade to Keycloak 23.

From the Keycloak Release Notes:
" RESTEasy Reactive

Keycloak has switched to RESTEasy Reactive. Applications using quarkus-resteasy-reactive should still benefit from a better startup time, runtime performance, and memory footprint, even though not using reactive style/semantics. SPI’s that depend directly on JAX-RS API should be compatible with this change. SPI’s that depend on RESTEasy Classic including ResteasyClientBuilder will not be compatible and will require update, this will also be true for other implementation of the JAX-RS API like Jersey."

Markus