[midPoint] MidPoint 4.4.6, 4.7.2 and 4.8-RC1 released

Katka Bolemant katkav at evolveum.com
Thu Sep 21 17:00:34 CEST 2023

Dear midPoint community,

Evolveum team is proud to announce maintenance releases of midPoint, namely 4.4.6 and 4.7.2 and first release candidate of midPoint 4.8.
In addition to many stabilization fixes, those releases contain fixes for security issues and also improved implementation for Ninja upgrade tool.
Complete release notes regarding changes made in those releases might be found at:

    * [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/release/4.4.6/ | midPoint 4.4.6 ]
    * [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/release/4.7.2/ | midPoint 4.7.2 ]

We would like to point out the [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/deployment/ninja/ | Ninja ] improvements, which we believe would help you with data migration and upgrade process while upgrading to prepared LTS version 4.8.

Moreover, midPoint 4.8-RC1 has been released as well. For more information about the LTS version 4.8 that is currently being developed, please read the [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/release/4.8/ | release notes ] .

We believe, the release candidate together with Ninja improvements released with midPoint 4.4.6 and 4.7.2 are prepared for final testing.
To ensure, midPoint 4.8 would be stable and ready to use, we would like to ask you, our dear community, to help us with testing of [ https://download.evolveum.com/midpoint/4.8-RC1/midpoint-4.8-RC1-dist.zip | 4.8-RC1 ] .

To ease the upgrade process, we also prepared tutorial about [ https://guide.priv.evolveum.com/teams/devel/ninja/upgrade-with-ninja/ | Upgrade with Ninja ] which might be handy.

Ninja is a part of midPoint distribution, therefore according to the version from which you are going to upgrade, you can download the latest releases:
- [ https://evolveum.com/download/4-7-2-johnson-update-2/ | midPoint 4.7.2 version ]
- [ https://evolveum.com/download/4-4-6-tesla-update-6/ | midPoint 4.4.6 version ]

In case you use Docker, you can visit [ https://hub.docker.com/r/evolveum/midpoint/tags | docker hub ] for the complete list of available versions.

Should you encounter any bug, please, let us know by creating a bug report in [ https://jira.evolveum.com/projects/MID | Jira ] .
While creating a bug report, please, make sure all the important information is filled and nothing is missing.
Read more about [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/diag/creating-a-bug-report/ | how to create a bug report ] if you have any doubts.

We would like to express a special thanks for all midPoint subscribers, partners, supporters and especially contributors.

--
Katarina Bolemant
Development Team Leader