[midPoint] change ArcheType on import/livesynch

Markus Calmius markus.calmius at proton.ch
Mon Oct 16 16:58:55 CEST 2023

Hi,

the complexity of this product is sometimes mind-boggling. You think you understand something, and then: stacktrace ;)

So, I read this "In this demo, we use archetypes Full time employee, Part time employee, Contractor, and Retired. Archetype is assigned to a user during import from resource based on his employment type"
from: https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/demo/

and I'm doing something similar. Basically we have a column in the csv file that has one of three values:
pre-employee
current-employee
post-employee

I created ArcheTypes for these different kind of users, then automatically assigned them on import. All good.
However, if I change the value and re-import (or use live synch) I get:
"ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.model.impl.sync.reactions.SynchronizationActionExecutor): SYNCHRONIZATION: Error in synchronization on resource:<redacted_resource> for situation LINKED: SchemaException: Found [archetype:<oid>(pre_employee), archetype:<oid>(current_employee)] structural archetypes; only a single one is supported"

I removed oids to make it easier to read.
Do I need to check (another hook?) if a user changes archetype and remove the previous one first? It seems a bit...well unnecessary. If the attribute input is set to strong it should be replaced, right?

Markus