[midPoint] database connection pool

Hsin-Fang Hsu hsin-fang.hsu at itconcepts.ch
Mon Mar 27 15:17:01 CEST 2023

Hi Community,

We have a midpoint system with 3 nodes. We use the default maxPoolSize=40 for all 3 nodes. At peak time, about 30 requests (or more) per minute are sent to midpoint via RESTapi and we encounter very often the error Java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException: HikariPool-1 – Connection is not available, request timed out after 30000ms. Maybe it’s because of running out of free connections? Does anyone have the experience with large amount of requests and multiple nodes? What is the best practice to avoid running out of free connections? How can I get more information about the waiting/idle DB connections?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Hsin-Fang