[midPoint] Active Directory Role setting Attribute on AD Account, does not Cleanup Attribute whe Role is removed

Patrik Sidler patrik.sidler at itconcepts.ch
Thu Jul 6 11:18:59 CEST 2023

Hi Commuinity,

I have created a Role, that sets a predefined Attribute Value on an users Active Directory Account when the role I assigned.

<role xmlns=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3
      xmlns:c=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3
      xmlns:icfs=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3
      xmlns:org=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/org-3
      xmlns:q=http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3
      xmlns:ri=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3
      xmlns:t=http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3>
    <name>SetValue</name>
    <description>Role required to set a Value on an Attribute</description>
    <indestructible>true</indestructible>
    <requestable>true</requestable>
    <inducement id="2">
        <construction>
            <resourceRef oid="fb3f7385-7a9a-4e8c-926e-8fc23de7efb5" relation="org:default" type="c:ResourceType"/>
            <attribute>
                <ref>ri:extensionAttribute1</ref>
                <outbound>
                    <expression>
                        <value>ImportantValue</value>
                    </expression>
                </outbound>
            </attribute>
        </construction>
    </inducement>
</role>

The Assignment works perfect. As soon as the Role is assigned, the Value is available on the Users Active Directory Account.

But when I remove the Role, the value stays on the Attribute. It will not be removed when I unassign the Role?

I do not know if this is possible or not.
But It would be great if anyone is having an Idea how to clean up the Attribute when I unassign the Role.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Patrik