[midPoint] Linked Objects - Q about suborgs creation

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:58:44 CET 2023

Hi all,
"Linked Object" is a very nice feature. In my current project I've
implemented the same approach as we can find in "Linked Object - Projects".

I can see that what the approach doesn't provide is how to manage the
situation when a top org existed before implementing the approach for
suborgs and we want to add children to existing top org. In this case we
have no "add" stage but only "modify".

https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/synchronization/linked-objects/scenario-3-projects/#project-creation

Of course we can solve the question by hand or implement a task. The
question is  about whether it is possible to cover this problem using only
a linked objects approach.

So, how to extend the example in the best way to support creation of
suborgs automatically if top org was created in the past?

Thanks,
Yakov