[midPoint] Midpoint Repository Upgrade - Postgres

Haywood, Jeremiah jhaywo1 at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 11 18:06:48 CET 2023

Hello all,

We are looking to upgrade our midpoint instance from LTS version 4.4.* to
4.8. Our Postgres db is version 13.8 and as a part of the upgrade we're
moving to the recommended version, 16. We're running into issues with
generated columns. The error that we ran into is  -- For binary upgrade,
recreate inherited column . This seems to be due to additional restrictions
on generated columns introduced in Postgres 16.

Has anyone run into a similar issue and/or upgraded their Midpoint
repository in place from an earlier Postgres version to 16?

Thank you,

Jeremiah Haywood

Lead IAM Administrator

Office of Technology Solutions | Illinois State University

Phone Number (309) 438-3829