[midPoint] objectCollectionView tricks

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 17:08:55 CEST 2023

Hi all,
I need to customize LeftMenuPanel via a custom user role.
For example, using UI authorizations I can enable the "Resources" menu and
the "All Resources" item inside.
I'd like to add another objectCollectionView for ResourceType named "Active
Resources".
I do something like this in my custom role assigned to appropriate user:

<authorization>
    <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#resources</action>
    <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#resourcesView</action>
</authorization>

<authorization>
    <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#read</action>
    <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#discoverConnectors</action>
    <object>
        <type>ResourceType</type>
    </object>
</authorization>

<adminGuiConfiguration>
    <objectCollectionViews>
        <objectCollectionView>
            <identifier>resource-up</identifier>
            <display>
                <pluralLabel>Active Resources</pluralLabel>
            </display>
            <visibility>visible</visibility>
            <applicableForOperation>modify</applicableForOperation>
            <type>ResourceType</type>
            <collection>
                <collectionRef
oid="00000000-0000-0000-0001-000000000003"
type="c:ObjectCollectionType"/>
            </collection>
        </objectCollectionView>
    <enableExperimentalFeatures>true</enableExperimentalFeatures>
</adminGuiConfiguration>

I expect to see "Resources" and an extra item "Active Resource" inside. But
still can see only default "All Resources".
What have I missed?
Is this possible to reach developing a custom role? Or SystemConfiguration
is the only place where this kind of configuration possible?
If this possible the next step is to hide "All Resources" and leave only
"Active Resources". Probably someone knows how.
Thanks,
Yakov