[midPoint] REST Operation without Reconcile

Patrik Sidler patrik.sidler at itconcepts.ch
Thu Oct 20 09:19:10 CEST 2022

Dear All

We are updating the password of a midpoint user over REST API.
The user has several projections that are updated manually when needed.

Now we have the problem, that a password change over REST executes a Reconcile when it is finished and because of this reconcile and all the projections other attributes are also changed.

We only would like to change the password, nothing else and this is only possible when we are able to disable the reconcile after the REST password change.

We execute the following POST Operation to change the password:

Body :

<objectModification
xmlns='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/api-types-3'
      xmlns:c='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'
      xmlns:t='http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3'>

<t:itemDelta>
      <t:modificationType>replace</t:modificationType>
      <t:path>credentials/password/value</t:path>
      <t:value>Soleil12hg3336544*</t:value>
</t:itemDelta>
</objectModification>

But at the end, the Reconcile gets executed, this means ?reconcile=false in the POST Action does not work.

How can we change the password over REST without executing a Reconcile at the end.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Regards
Patrik Sidler