[midPoint] Midpoint Repository Load Balancing/Failover

Kamil Jires kamil.jires at evolveum.com
Thu Oct 6 02:55:54 CEST 2022

Hi Jeremiah,

  Thanks for the question. Let me redirect the focus a little bit.

Midpoint using JDBC driver to connect to the database. The native
repository design expect the postgresql database. In case we put these
together the focus may be "targeted" to the postgresql JDBC driver which
seems to natively support it.

By the documentation (
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/use/#connection-fail-over )
the example of the syntax may be:

- jdbc:postgresql://host1:port1,host2:port2/database

- jdbc:postgresql://node1,node2,node3/accounting?targetServerType=primary

-
jdbc:postgresql://node1,node2,node3/accounting?targetServerType=preferSecondary&loadBalanceHosts=true

For sure it would be good to test it. In case of hands-on experience the
feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,

  Kamil