[midPoint] NULL validTo in condition for assignment

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:00:22 CEST 2022

Hi all,
I've found that if I assign an org (using objectTemplate) with the
condition
validTo == null (for example, if validTo was changed from a real value to
empty) and use assignmentTaretSearch to get target org there is no any
effect and nothing is assigned.

It looks like the same as in this post in our maillist
https://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2018-November/005102.html

Could someone confirm this is a bug or a feature?

It looks like we can consider empty validTo as valid value when an employee
has no finish date in case of assignments and assignmentTargetSearch.

If I assign a static org by oid there is no problem.

Thanks,