[midPoint] [midpoint]Response time for creating user via rest api

chenle2 chenle2 at foxmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:26:13 CET 2022

Hi, all
I recently ran into a problem with response time and I would really appreciate some help.

Here is some description about the problem. I use AdLdap connector(ver 3.5) to connect with domain controller. Then use the rest api to create or delete domain users by midpoint. Normal response time is within one second, however, if the midpoint has been idle for a long time, the response time is about one minute when the midpoint is requested to create a user. How can I make the response time of creating a user for the first time after being idle within one second?

Following is the rest api I am using:

curl -u administrator:5ecr3t http://localhost:8080/midpoint/ws/rest/users -H "Content-Type:application/xml" -d @createuser.xml

<user xmlns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
        xmlns:q="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3"
        xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
        xmlns:s="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/scripting-3"
        xmlns:t="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3"
        xmlns:api="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/api-types-3"
        xmlns:exmpl="http://example.com/xml/ns/midpoint/schema">

        <name>Uretest</name>
        <fullName>Uretest</fullName>
        <credentials>
                <password>
                        <value>Aim2022!</value>
                </password>
        </credentials>
        <activation>
                <validTo>2022-11-19T21:25:00.000+08:00</validTo>
        </activation>
        <assignment>
                <construction>
                        <resourceRef>
                                <filter>
                                        <q:equal>
                                                <q:path>c:name</q:path>
                                                <q:value>aimrest</q:value>
                                        </q:equal>
                                </filter>
                        </resourceRef>
                </construction>
        </assignment>

        <extension>
                <exmpl:profilePath>//SL2/share/</exmpl:profilePath>
        </extension>
</user>