[midPoint] Task Performance Improvement With Buckets and Workers

Haywood, Jeremiah jhaywo1 at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 10 23:28:31 CET 2022

Hey all,

I have been looking to improve the performance of some of our large Midpoint
reconciliation/import tasks. Reading through documentation I initially
looked into tweaking workerThreads, but it seems that configuration of
workers and buckets is advantageous for a clustered setup. I haven't been
able to find too many examples or docs on the options and how they work.
Below is an example of a multi-node import task I am attempting to get to
work to no avail:

<activity>

        <work>

            <import>

                <resourceObjects>

                    <resourceRef oid="<oid>"/>

                    <objectclass>ri:AccountObjectClass</objectclass>

                </resourceObjects>

            </import>

        </work>

        <distribution>

            <buckets>

                <stringSegmentation>

                    <discriminator>attributes/icfs:name</discriminator>

                    <matchingRule>stringIgnoreCase</matchingRule>

                    <boundary>

                        <position>1</position>

                        <characters>abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz</characters>

                    </boundary>

                </stringSegmentation>

            </buckets>

            <workers>

                <workersPerNode>

                    <count>8</count>

                </workersPerNode>

            </workers>

            <workerThreads>8</workerThreads>

        </distribution>

    </activity>

Would anyone be able to speak to how to correctly configure the distribution
section?

Thank you,

Jeremiah Haywood

Lead IAM Administrator

Office of Technology Solutions | Illinois State University

Phone Number (309) 438-3829