[midPoint] saml2 authentication with Microsoft Azure AD

Stefano Belluomini | EI stefano at everythinginfo.cloud
Sun May 15 05:48:26 CEST 2022

Hi Community,

I have looked through the archives and found a discussion on this topic but have had no luck getting our midPoint 4.5 installation to authenticate with Azure AD, using SAML.

Problems:

  *   I also cannot generate the service provider metadata as per the documentation - https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/security/authentication/flexible-authentication/configuration/. When I attempt to generate the SP metadata, I get back 403 Forbidden - You don't have rights to see the required page.
  *   After configuring an Azure AD Enterprise app and testing SSO, my ACS URL is https://FQDN/midpoint/auth/default/mySamlSso/SSO/alias/spmidpoint and it just takes me straight to the login page.

Where exactly do you get that ACS URL? Is it in the metadata file? There's nothing in the doco about how that URL path is generated based on the Security Policy configuration.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you

Regards
Stefano