[midPoint] inbound that returns only the first entry from a list

Hsin-Fang Hsu hsin-fang.hsu at itconcepts.ch
Fri Jul 22 10:52:20 CEST 2022

Hi,

In the resource, the attribute ri:mail is a list. In the inbound, I just want to take the first entry in the mail list and target it to emailAddress.
How can I do this?

The code below simply results in the error: Attempt to add 2 values to a single-valued item emailAddress
The input of the inbound attribute is always just one value instead of a list, so I cannot check if the input is a list.

<attribute>
    <ref>ri:mail</ref>
    <inbound>
        <expression>
            <script>
                <code>
                    log.info("--input is:"+input)
                    return input
                </code>
            </script>
        </expression>
        <target>
            <path>emailAddress</path>
        </target>
    </inbound>
</attribute>

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Hsin-Fang