[midPoint] midPoint Docker 4.3 - Password authentication failed

Luca Verardo luca at verardo.ch
Sat Jan 22 00:32:10 CET 2022

Dear midPoint team,

Today I tried to upgrade from evolveum/midpoint:4.2-M2-alpine to 4.3. However, the start process fails with the following error :

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "midpoint"
The env variable REPO_PASSWORD_FILE is correctly set and it was working before. And if I go back to 4.2, it works.

I have the same issue as Leonardo, who mentioned it here : https://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2021-May/006822.html <https://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2021-May/006822.html>
And I cannot go to 4.4, because the upgrade process will fail, saying that the migration of 4.3 is missing.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Best regards,
Luca Verardo