[midPoint] Clustered Configuration - Communication error

Matt Widhalm matthewwidhalm at weber.edu
Wed Jan 12 19:47:52 CET 2022

Good morning. I am attempting to set up a clustered environment utilizing 2
nodes. The issue I am running into is that while node_a is in a running
state, node_b is showing Communication error. I have verified
communication between the two docker containers is working (I can ping
node_b from node_a and vice versa). Below is a section of my config.xml for
node_a. node_b is the same with the nodeId reflecting that it is node_b.

        <repository>
            <type>native</type>

<jdbcUrl>jdbc:postgresql://<censored>:5432/midpoint_dev</jdbcUrl>
            <jdbcUsername><censored></jdbcUsername>
            <jdbcPassword><censored></jdbcPassword>
            <missingSchemaAction>create</missingSchemaAction>
            <baseDir>${midpoint.home}</baseDir>
            <asServer>true</asServer>
        </repository>
        <nodeId>node_a</nodeId>
        <taskManager>
            <clustered>true</clustered>
        </taskManager>

On the All Node page they are showing as:

Name: node_a
Contact: http://<CONTAINER ID>:8080/midpoint
Clustered: checked
Status message:

Name: node_b
Contact: http://<CONTAINER ID>:8080/midpoint
Clustered: checked
Status message: Node not known at this moment

I have tried to change the httpPort and url in the config.xml with no
change to the Communication error. I also have the containers on their own
network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt Widhalm