[midPoint] Midpoint Separate Audit Database Issues

Richard Richter virgo at evolveum.com
Wed Feb 23 00:11:14 CET 2022

Hi Jeremiah

I found one harmless problem with the audit upgrade script - which is the first call:
call apply_audit_change(0, $$ SELECT 1 $$, true);

The line was somehow forgotten there - but, luckily, this is something that does not hurt the upgrade process now, because the only change there (#1, support for partitions in the past) is create or replace - hence repeatable.

I tried to create fresh DB, initialized PUBLIC schema with only the content of postgres-new-audit.sql from version 4.4 (original LTS release) and then tried to apply the upgrade script postgres-new-upgrade-audit.sql from 4.4.1.

I observed no error and the change was applied.

Also, trying to call harmless call apply_change(0, $$ SELECT 1 $$); on that DB resulted in error - the procedure is not there, which is expected.
But there was no such error running the upgrade script for audit only.

How do you apply the script? What tools do you use?

Regards

Richard

Software Developer

Evolveum