[midPoint] JAVA Heap Space Problem

Andrea Picconi andrea.picconi at innovery.net
Wed Aug 31 16:54:57 CEST 2022

Hi all,

we have a problem of Java heap space with a bulk action: after 1-2 hours from the start of the bulk action, Midpoint presents us a problem of full memory, preventing the task from moving forward and, above all, almost completely blocking the possibility of using the entire system.
We need to delete an attribute on, more or less, 160k account.
We have already add RAM on our machines (our system works on two nodes, in parallel) to 24GB and followed the instructions for an Iterative bulk action multi-node (below our XML).

An idea why we have always the same problem with the memory? Something of change inside the XML?

-----
<task xmlns=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3
      xmlns:c=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3
      xmlns:q=http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3
      xmlns:t=http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3
      xmlns:s=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/scripting-3
      xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
    <name>Bulk Delete(multinode)</name>
    <extension>
        <scext:executeScript xmlns:scext=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/scripting/extension-3>
            <s:search>
                <s:type>c:UserType</s:type>
                <s:searchFilter>
                    <q:substring>
                        <q:matching>polyStringNorm</q:matching>
                        <q:path>c:extension/stuActivAdminStatus</q:path>
                        <q:value>enabled</q:value>
                        <q:anchorStart>true</q:anchorStart>
                    </q:substring>
                </s:searchFilter>
                <s:action>
                    <s:type>modify</s:type>
                    <s:parameter>
                        <s:name>delta</s:name>
                        <value xsi:type="t:ObjectDeltaType">
                            <t:changeType>modify</t:changeType>
                            <t:itemDelta>
                                <t:modificationType>replace</t:modificationType>
                                <t:path>c:extension/stuPersonalEmail</t:path>
                            </t:itemDelta>
                        </value>
                    </s:parameter>
                </s:action>
            </s:search>
        </scext:executeScript>
        <mext:objectType xmlns:mext=http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/extension-3>UserType</mext:objectType>
    </extension>
    <ownerRef oid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000002"/>
    <executionStatus>suspended</executionStatus>
    <handlerUri>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/task/workers-creation/handler-3</handlerUri<http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/task/workers-creation/handler-3%3c/handlerUri>>
    <workManagement>
        <buckets>
            <oidSegmentation>
               <depth>3</depth>
            </oidSegmentation>
        </buckets>
        <workers>
            <handlerUri>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/iterative-scripting/handler-3</handlerUri<http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/iterative-scripting/handler-3%3c/handlerUri>>
            <workersPerNode>
                <count>2</count>
            </workersPerNode>
        </workers>
    </workManagement>
    <recurrence>single</recurrence>
</task>
---

Thank you in advance,
Andrea

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8BD51.F4707140]
Andrea Picconi
IAM Engineer
MAIL: ANDREA.PICCONI at INNOVERY.NET<mailto:ANDREA.PICCONI at INNOVERY.NET>
PHONE: +39  06 51963439  (ext. 196)
MOBILE: -

WWW.INNOVERY.NET<http://WWW.INNOVERY.NET>
STRADA QUATTRO SNC, PAL A6
CENTRO DIREZIONALE MILANOFIORI | 20057 ASSAGO (MI)

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8BD51.F4707140]