[midPoint] How to compare old with new value in Midpoint

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Sat Aug 13 00:48:15 CEST 2022

Hello Jean Michel,

midPoint transparently works with old and new values, as explained e.g.
here:
https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/expressions/mappings/mapping-relativity/.

Isn't that sufficient for you? What is the use case where you need to
explicitly access (compare) old and new values?

--

Just for completeness, midPoint can process rules like "If a user
property changed from state S1 to state S2, execute action A". The

This feature is called "Policy rules". Although it works quite well, it
is not documented enough (yet). See
https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/roles-policies/policy-rules/.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer