[midPoint] MidPoint Book 2.2

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Apr 21 17:26:49 CEST 2022

Dear midPoint community,

The midPoint book /Practical Identity Management with MidPoint/
<https://evolveum.com/midpoint/midpoint-guide-about-practical-identity-management/>
was just updated. It has been updated to match with the midPoint 4.4 LTS
release. There is also a comprehensive glossary of IAM terms.

All the text, examples and pictures in the book were reviewed and
updated to match midPoint 4.4. There have been significant improvements
in midPoint over the years, which are now reflected in the book.

It has been seven years since we began to write the book. The world has
changed in the meantime. The world is a very complex place now, which
can be often quite confusing. Hence the glossary, to help the readers
navigate the stormy waters of IAM letter soup. Also, the wording and
descriptions of the introductory parts have been changed, to better
reflect the reality of 2020s. As the world evolves, the book has to
evolve too. We know that, we are Evolveum, after all.

The book can be downloaded for free and used under the terms of Creative
Commons BY-NC-ND license:

https://evolveum.com/midpoint/midpoint-guide-about-practical-identity-management/

The 2.2 version is still a semi-complete release of the book. It starts
with IAM theory, and it ends with a small but quite complete identity
management deployment. However, the book is still not finished. MidPoint
is a very rich platform, and there is still a huge amount of things to
write down. However, the book in its current form is a precious resource
to start learning about the depth of the identity management and midPoint.

(Reposted from Evolveum blog <https://evolveum.com/midpoint-book-2-2/>)