[midPoint] The validation of the certificate doesn't work with Microsoft Graph API Connector

Andrea Picconi andrea.picconi at innovery.net
Tue Oct 26 10:13:48 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I'm testing the Microsoft Graph API Connector to be able to connect Midpoint with Azure, but I have some problems with the certificate that Midpoint is using to create a secure connection to comunicate with Azure.
I have install the connector inside the correct folder, I have create the certificate .der and put it inside the keystore of Midpoint but it wasn't working, so after that I have added that certificate inside the keystore of the jvm that Midpoint use at the start up. After this I have resterted the virtual machine but I still get the same error.

Here, the error:
"org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectionFailedException(java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)->java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException(javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)->javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException(PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)->sun.security.validator.ValidatorException(PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)->sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException(unable to find valid certification path to requested target)"

Any idea?

Thank you and regards,
Andrea