[midPoint] Authentication failed for administrator

Hsin-Fang Hsu hsin-fang.hsu at itconcepts.ch
Fri Nov 26 15:18:02 CET 2021

Dear all,

I got the error when I login as administrator:

2021-11-26 13:16:52,343 [] [http-nio-8080-exec-8] INFO (com.evolveum.midpoint.web.security.provider.PasswordProvider): Authentication failed for administrator: web.security.provider.access.denied
2021-11-26 13:16:52,343 [] [http-nio-8080-exec-8] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.web.security.provider.MidPointAbstractAuthenticationProvider): Authentication (runtime) error: web.security.provider.access.denied
org.springframework.security.authentication.DisabledException: web.security.provider.access.denied

[cid:image001.png at 01D7E2D7.E12FEF20]

I actually reproduced the error on another system so I know what I did that cause the error. I don’t know why and how to fix it.
This is the code I put in SystemConfiguration.xml and uploaded it to the midpoint server. The error appeared immediately after I logout and tried to login again.
[cid:image002.png at 01D7E2D9.4E2BC170]

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thank you very much for your hep in advance!

Best regards,
Hsin-Fang