[midPoint] Is it possible to run Midpoint Logging to console?

Wang, Xiaoshu xiaoshuw at email.unc.edu
Fri May 14 16:41:16 CEST 2021

I wonder if midpoint can add a ConsoleAppender to the logging configuration. The Admin UI seems only allow File Appender or SysLog and I have tried what described here https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/diag/initial-logging/ by adding
<configuration>
    <system>
        <skipRepositoryLoggingSettings>true</skipRepositoryLoggingSettings>
    </system>
</configuration>
It does not seem to do anything.

The reason that we would like the ability to add ConsoleAppender is that the logging can be picked up by our splunk system. Currently, it seems impossible. We can add a logback.xml at the “midpoint.home”, but it only logs until the LoggingConfigurationManager takes over.

So, I wonder if I have done anything wrong or if there is some secret setting that I do not know?

Xiaoshu